The 2017 AHR Expo (International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition) set several records this year, including attendance of more than 68,000 registered attendees and exhibitor personnel, as well as 500,159 square feet sold. Three Sixty Engineering sent two of our mechanical engineers, Project Manager Taylor Reese LEED AP BD+C, CxA and Project Engineer Joe Wittenberg, to learn about the latest technologies and products in Mechanical Engineering and HVAC.
With over 2,000 exhibitors, our engineers had a large amount of ground to cover, it was hard to fit it into just three days! Upon their return, Taylor and Joe were excited to share what they had learned with our team. There were so many new systems and products to talk about, we asked Joe to pick a few of his favorite:
1. Trane® – CoolSense System – Intelligent Variable Air Systems. An HVAC using chilled water to provide sensible cooling and cooling for the DOAS (Dedicated Outside Air System) system. It also uses small terminal units in the space to pick up the sensible load, using chilled water coils.
2. Metraflex – Flexible Hoses. Manufacturer of NSF (International public health standards and certifications) and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) rated flexible water hoses.
3. Fulton – Boiler. A new boiler technology that allows the heat exchanger to float which eliminates stress due to thermal expansion.
4. Stamped Fittings, Inc. – Gasketed Spiral Duct. Spiral duct fittings with gaskets that eliminate the need for duct seal.
5. Trane® – Humidity Sensor. New sensor that collects temperature and relative humidity readings.
In addition to providing access to the latest products, the conference offers educational seminars. This year, Joe attended a class on DOAS (Dedicated Outside Air System) and a one on Commissioning.
Click here to read our first AHR Expo blog: 3 Benefits of Attending or to learn more about the AHR Expo, visit http://ahrexpo.com.