Project Manager (Minimum 5+ Years in Mechanical Engineering)
As the newest member of our team, you will be critical in helping us guide all the aspects of multiple simultaneous design projects – driving them to an on-time, on-budget completion with the highest level of customer service. You are a talented mechanical engineer who is proud of your work and skilled at managing both internal engineers and contractors. You have 5+ years of experience where you’ve honed your time, budget, and people management skills. You are a talented, inspiring, outcome-driven leader, and it shows in your designs, your client interaction, and your teamwork. If you are up for a new challenge working with a market leader, doing what you do best, let’s chat!
Your Values: Customer Service, Quality, and Teamwork
How you’ll spend your days:
- Working side by side with your client stakeholders and internal project teams to manage each project at the appropriate velocity
- Creating detailed project plans and tasks, managing internal resources, and balancing multiple project requirements
- Coordinating with all project stakeholders – architects, engineers, clients, and contractors – consistently and skillfully
- Managing contracts for signing and approval, and negotiation of revisions as required.
- Providing direction to the Project Engineer regarding design execution
- Mentoring junior team members to help them grow professionally
- Writing material specs that are value engineered and in compliance with the project requirements
- Providing accurate progress billing information to accounting
- Completing weekly project reports, conducting the weekly internal status meetings, and completing change requests when required
- Settling all customer issues/complaints/punch lists to the satisfaction of the contractor/owner and our company.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and a PE designation
- 5+ years of professional experience as a mechanical engineer with project management responsibilities in commercial construction
- Experience with new construction, re-engineering, and retrofit projects – and the portfolio to prove It
- Demonstrated project management experience working cross-functionally on 15+ simultaneous projects
- A born leader with the ability to hold team members accountable for their tasks and inspire their best efforts
- Naturally self-directed, resourceful, with an agile mind – you can adapt and convey shifting priorities
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to set and make deadlines
- Outcome-focused, results-oriented, and an unshakably positive attitude
Our team members enjoy:
- A competitive salary ($90,000-$120,000) and unmatched professional growth
- An incredible suite of benefits
- The opportunity to work with a market leader, doing what you do best
- A modified work schedule with every other Friday off (Feb-Oct)
- Dog-friendly office
- Quick access to hiking and mountain biking trails from our front door
- Free parking
Apply Now - Project Manager 5+ Years Experience
Please complete the form with your details and include cover letter and resume with (3) references to apply for a position.